Open Photography Collections
Open Photography Collectionsstore digital photographs—
born digitalitems and
digital surrogatesof analogue prints, slides or negatives—, catalogue them to a high standard, and connect them to locations, buildings, people and other things via linked open data (semantic web) techniques. Whenever possible, we aim to make a preview (low resolution) or a high-resolution digital copy available.
- Photography as documentation for other music, film, folklore, architecture or other collections.
- Private photography
- Art photography
- Early and historic photography
Listen Local Photography Project & Collection
Listen Local Photography Collection is a part of our Open Photography Collection. It is mainly, however, a supporting collection of our Open Music Collection, particularly that of the Listen Local Music programme. This is an ongoing project.
The aim of the collection:
- Document contemporary and historic music scenes and ecosystems.
- Provide at least one Free Cultural Works for encyclopedias, music resources, blogs, website about artists, musicians, musicologists and key persons in music scenes.
- Aim to include some high quality works of photographers to promote portrait and stage photography.
Listen Local Photography collection definition.
How to participate in the project?
Open Foto Ateliers Collection
Our use case is a collection that connects early private photographs of known and unknown subjects, the person of the photographer, the atelier (and company) of the photographer, the building, the internal or external view of the historic photographic creation location, connected to the digitised advertisement, placed on Open Street Maps, Google Maps or historical maps.
This is a use case for open collaboration in terms of linking collections, and linking their catalogues, and placing them on global knowledge graphs for content and knowledge exchange.
Open Foto Ateliers collection definition.